A security breach detected in a commonly used plugin Jetpack, which makes a WordPress site vulnerable to hackers. This serious bug in Jetpack plugin, lets hacker to mess around with website database and gain full site access as well. Wake-Up!
If you’re not aware of Jetpack plugin version, then contact your web administrators and ask them to update Jetpack plugin to 2.9.3 version it for you. If you choose to DIY, then:
Update Jetpack Plugin from Dashboard
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins
- In the list of installed plugins, find Jetpack by WordPress.com and check the version number below it.
- If you’re using an older version < 2.9.3, then there shall be an update message below the plugin itself, saying “There is a new version of Jetpack by WordPress.com available. View version 2.9.3 details or update now.”
- Click on Update Now and it will redirect to update plugin page.
- Bravo! You’re safe now!
For more details you can read WordPress News about Jetpack 2.9.3: Critical Security Update