Have you ever heard of Publishing article directly from email? Sounds crazy, ‘eh? Well, a new feature of Jetpack plugin, Post by Email, allows you to publish articles on WordPress Blog just by sending email.
WordPress Mobile App is limited only to IOS and Android supported devices. Whereas, with Post by Email feature, you can quickly post articles from any mobile device supporting email. Double benefit for smart phones!
In this article, we will learn to Publish article by Email on WordPress blog.
Jetpack 2: Post by Email Working Analogy
Check the illustration explaining post by email feature working, below:
Above illustration explains the following:
- To field containing Secret Email Address points to WordPress Blog
- Subject field points to Title of WordPress Post
- Body field points to Content of WordPress Post.
Generate Secret Email Address for Blog
Secret email address bridges between Email client and WordPress blog. A special email address generates every time you enable Post by Email feature on your Blog. It is an unique email address and must be kept secret unless you want other people to publish articles on your blog.
Below is procedure to generate secret email address:
Note: Make sure you have enabled Post by Email feature under Jetpack Dashboard settings.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Users > Your Profile.
- Scroll down till you see Post by Email.
- Click the Enable Post by Email button. Once done, you will see something similar to screenshot below.
- Don’t disclose your Secret Email Address with anyone.
- Whereas, if you experience any fraud then use Regenerate Address button or Disable Post by Email button.
Compose Email to Post on WordPress
Now that we have generated secret email address for blog, let’s get started. Check out the info graphic about writing an email to publish article on WordPress, below:
Refer to Post by Email working analogy explained above. Also, there are some post formatting options and short-codes available here, for advanced blogging.
Note: Make sure you proof-read before sending email, as there is no option to update post.
Once done, send email to the secret email address.
Post Published from Email
Let’s see the post published via email on WordPress test site.
Post by Email feature can be effective for bloggers covering news, live events and press conferences etc. They can draft email templates before hand to save more time for proof-reading content.
What do you think about Jetpack Post by Email feature? Do let us know by posting a comment below.