WordPress 3.7, is next release by Automatic and they’ve nothing much to amaze, except few unnoticeable features. Well, one of the amazing feature is its ability to Auto Install WordPress Update just like your Smartphone. Isn’t that cool for the Lazy Admins? Haha…I’m just saying. Well, there are few more features which you will find later in this article on WordPress 3.7 Update Release.
Features for Blogger / User
There’s nothing much to amaze you guys, but there’s no harm in knowing some of the hidden features of WordPress 3.7. They’re listed below:
- Automatic Background Updates: Explained below.
- New Password Strength Meter: To overcome WordPress hacks, the password strength meter’s enhanced to avoid common mistakes. It recognizes the keyboard patterns, references, dates & names.
- Enhanced WordPress Search: With the improved search your audience will get more relevant and efficient results now.
Features for Developers
- New filters added to control background updates.
- New function to list all network sites
- Fixed dashboard UI bugs & bad styling
- New Classes for background updates, date queries etc.
- New Functions introduced, like get_previous_post_link and get_next_post_link.
- And read more here.
How WordPress Background Update Works?
The WordPress version 3.7 includes background updates feature. So, when a security or maintenance update’s released, the WordPress Background Update feature silently installs the new update available. This feature only functions for the minor updates, like Version 3.7.1 and doesn’t for the major updates, like Version 3.8. The reason is, a lot of Theme and Plugin dependencies may or may not fully support the major release and break your WordPress site layout.
Is Upgrading to WP 3.7 Safe?
WordPress 3.7 is absolutely a stable release, so you can upgrade from WordPress 3.6.1 to 3.7 fearlessly.
Do let us know, if you face any bug while upgrading to WordPress 3.7, by posting a comment below.